This hot fudge sundae cake recipe is quick and easy to make, and budget-friendly as well. This fudge sundae cake has a chewy, almost brownie-like layer on the top and a thick, hot, rich chocolate sauce on the bottom. And it’s divine. Grab a tub of Sundae ice cream and go to town.Print
If you are looking for a hot fudge sundae cake recipe, you are on the right page. A thick layer of hot fudge underneath a layer of moist chocolate cake. Add Sundae ice cream on top to take it up a notch! The perfect base for a hot fudge sundae, this warm dessert is great to share with family and friends.
- 1/2 cup(s) , Water
- 1/4 cup(s) , Butter
- 1 cup(s) , Flour
- 3/4 cup(s) , Sugar
- 3 tablespoon(s) , Unsweetened Cocoa
- 1/2 cup(s) , Baking Soda
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) , Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) , Cinnamon
- 1/4 cup(s) , Buttermilk
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) , Vanilla
- 1 large , Egg
- 1 cup(s) , Hot Fudge Sauce
- Heat oven to 350 F. Spray 9″ square pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a small saucepan, heat water and butter until butter melts; set aside. Lightly spoon flour into measuring cup; level off.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon; mix well. Add water mixture, buttermilk, vanilla, and egg.
- Beat at low speed until moistened; beat 2 minutes at medium speed. Pour into spray-coated pan.
- Bake at 350?. 15-25 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Meanwhile, heat fudge sauce as directed on container spread on hot cake. Bake an additional 10 minutes. Cool 10-15 minutes, serve warm.
- If desired, garnish with whipped topping and maraschino cherries.