Ready-to-eat vegan meatballs make this filling soup a snap to pull together. The recipe name is actually a mistranslation of minestra maritata, which refers to the “marriage” of greens and meatballs in the soup.
- 1 (15.0-ounce) can Italian-style diced tomatoes with garlic, oregano and basil
- 6 cups low-sodium vegetable broth
- 4 ounces elbow pasta
- 1 (16.0-ounce) package vegan meatballs
- 3 cups fresh spinach, roughly chopped
- 2 teaspoons dried Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 2 tablespoons grated vegan Parmesan-style cheese (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
Bring the tomatoes and broth to a boil in a large pot over medium-high heat.
Simmer 10 minutes.
Add pasta, meatballs, spinach and Italian seasoning and cook until the pasta is tender and meatballs are cooked through, about 8 minutes.
Season to taste with salt and pepper. Ladle into bowls and serve. Sprinkle with vegan cheese if desired.
Per serving: 310 calories (79 from fat), 9g total fat, 0.33g saturated fat, 3mg cholesterol, 1400mg sodium, 34g carbohydrates (5g dietary fiber, 7g sugar), 18.5g protein.
Note: We’ve provided special diet and nutritional information for educational purposes. But remember – we’re cooks, not doctors! You should follow the advice of your health-care provider. And since product formulations change, check product labels for the most recent ingredient information.
See our Terms of Service.