Easy Keto Breakfast Sandwich
You’re going to love this healthy twist on your favorite fast-food breakfast sandwich. This low-carb twist on the quintessential fast-food breakfast sandwich is pure perfection. This keto breakfast sandwich makes the perfect grab-and-go breakfast. Make a week’s worth of meals in less than 20 minutes with our meal prep & freezer ideas. This breakfast recipe is perfect for gluten-free diet followers as well.
- 4 large eggs
- nonstick cooking spray, for greasing
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 sausage patties
- 2 slices cheddar cheese
- In a liquid measuring cup, lightly beat the eggs.
- Grease a 10-inch (23 cm) pan with nonstick spray. Place 2 mason jar lids in the pan and heat over medium heat. Add ¼ of the beaten eggs to each lid and season each with ¼ teaspoon salt and ⅛ teaspoon pepper. Cover the pan with a lid and cook for 3–4 minutes, until the eggs are fluffy and set. Repeat with the remaining eggs, salt, and pepper.
- Add the sausage patties to the pan and cook over medium heat for 1-2 minutes, flipping once, until browned and warmed through.
- Trim the cheddar cheese slices to fit the size of the mason jar lid.
- To assemble the sandwiches, stack the sausage and cheddar on 2 of the egg rounds. Top with the other egg rounds.
- Serve warm.