Here is an easy to make peanut butter crunch cake recipe you can try this weekend with your kids.
- 1 pkg (18-1/4 ounces) yellow cake mix
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup of water
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips, divided
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup peanut butter chips, divided
- 1/2 cup chopped peanuts
- In a mixing bowl, beat cake mix, peanut butter, and brown sugar on low speed until crumbly.
- Set aside 1/2 cup. Add water, eggs, and oil to the remaining crumb mixture; blend on low until moistened.
- Beat on high for 2 minutes.
- Stir in 1/4 cup each chocolate and peanut butter chips.
- Pour into a greased 13in x 9in x 2in baking pan.
- Combine peanuts, reserved crumb mixture, and the remaining chips; sprinkle over batter.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Cool completely.
- Yield: 12-16 servings