Jenna Weber of Eat, Live, Run. See the full post at the Fresh Tastes Blog.
- 1 box “no-bake” lasagna noodles
- 1 jar of your favorite marinara sauce (I used Whole Foods 365 brand)
- 8 oz mushrooms, sliced
- 2 10-oz bags baby spinach
- 1 15-oz container ricotta cheese
- 1 package part-skim shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4th tsp pepper
- 1.5 tablespoon olive oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Heat the olive oil over medium low heat in a large skillet. Add one bag spinach and cook until wilted.
- Remove and place spinach in a bowl and then cook remaining bag. Set cooked spinach aside.
- Add remaining .5 tbsp olive oil to the skillet and saute mushrooms until tender. Set aside in a separate bowl.
- In a third bowl, mix together the ricotta cheese, minced garlic, salt and pepper.
- Spray a 9 x 13 inch pan with cooking spray and pour in about a fourth cup of pasta sauce to cover bottom. Lay three uncooked lasagna noodles over top. Add a layer of the ricotta mixture, then a layer of spinach, followed by a layer of mushrooms and a hefty sprinkle of mozzarella cheese. Finish each layer with a fourth cup of pasta sauce then repeat with three more noodles.
- Make two more additional layers of noodles, ricotta, spinach, mushrooms, cheese and sauce then finish with a final layer of noodles, the rest of the sauce and more mozzarella cheese.
- Cover very loosely with tin foil and bake for 50 minutes.
- After baking, let lasagna cool for 15 minutes before digging in!