A simple cheesecake recipe topped with delicious fresh strawberries. This is the perfect strawberry cheesecake – not too sweet, creamy, with bright, beautiful strawberries and a strawberry glaze to give it a professional look. If you are looking for some great dessert recipes, then you can look no further.
One of the highlights of this cheesecake is the topping. It is easy to make but looks attractive and tastes exquisite. It helps to bring out the flavour of the strawberries in this cheesecake.
- 70 gm, 1/2 cup flour
- 50 gm (1/3 cup) almonds, ground
- 50 gm (1/3 cup) walnuts, ground
- 2 tbsp butter, melted
- 2 tbsp dark brown sugar (muscovado or jaggery)
- 2 tbsp water
- 500 gm, 2 (8 oz) packages cream cheese (I used Philadelphia cream cheese)
- 400 gm, 1 tin sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup strawberries, pureed in a blender or food processor
- 600 gm (1 1/2 cup) yogurt, drained overnight in a cheesecloth covered strainer to make 3/4 cup thick yogurt
- 1/2 cup strawberries
- 2 tbsp sugar
Prepare the topping: In a blender or food processor puree strawberries and sugar until smooth. Keep aside.
Prepare the Crust: In a bowl, mix all the ingredients for the base and press into a greased 9 “ (23 cm) springform pan.
Make the Cheesecake mixture:
In the bowl of a stand mixer or food processor or with a hand blender whip the cream cheese until smooth. Beat in condensed milk, strawberry puree, and vanilla. When smooth, mix in the yogurt and beat until well mixed. Pour the cheesecake mixture into the prepared crust.
Gently pour the strawberry topping over the cheesecake mixture and tilt the pan to make it spread evenly. Bake in a preheated oven at 160 degrees centigrade, 325 F, gas mark 3 for 25 to 30 minutes or until set.
Bring to room temperature and chill well, for at least 3 hours in the refrigerator before you serve.