Do you want to try to make baked Cajun chicken wings this weekend? This Cajun chicken wings recipe will be the right one for you. It’s easy and quite fast to make. And the taste will definitely satisfy all the tastes in the family.
- 12 Chicken wings, tips removed
- 5 Bay leaves, crumbled into small bits
- 3/4 t Caraway seeds
- 1/2 to 3/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 3/4 t ground cumin
- 3/4 t ground coriander
- 4 Garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 t Dry mustard
- 2 t Paprika, preferably Hungarian
- 3/4 t dried thyme leaves
- 1/2 t Salt
- 2 T Brandy
- 2 T Fresh lemon or lime juice
- Defat the chicken wings by cooking them in boiling water for 10 minutes. Drain and set aside to cool.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Using a large mortar and pestle, grind together the bay leaf bits, caraway seeds, cayenne pepper, coriander, cumin, garlic, mustard, paprika, thyme, and salt for about 10 minutes.
- Add the brandy and lemon or lime juice to the pulverized herbs and stir into a thick paste. With a pastry brush, cover both sides of each wing with the herb paste.
- When no more remains in the mortar, squeeze the last few drops from the brush.
- Arrange the chicken wings on a baking sheet. Bake until the skin turns deep brown and is quite crisp approximately 30 minutes. Takes about an hour to prepare.