Looking for a diabetic-friendly blueberry muffins recipe? This moist healthy blueberry muffins recipe is quick and easy to make. It’s the perfect low carbs blueberry muffins recipe – and the only one you’ll ever need. Have them for breakfast, a low carbs snack, or for dessert!Print
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar substitute (such as Sugar Twin)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries, thawed and drained
- 3/4 cup fat-free milk
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 1 teaspoon grated orange rind
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Combine the first 6 ingredients in a medium bowl; add blueberries, and toss to coat. Make a well in the center of the flour mixture. Combine milk and next 5 ingredients; add to flour mixture, stirring just until dry ingredients are moistened.
Spoon batter into muffin pans coated with cooking spray, filling two-thirds full. Bake at 400 degrees for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden. Remove muffins from pans immediately, and cool on wire racks.