bone in chicken breasts, skin and fat removed
chicken drumsticks, skin and fat removed
all purpose flour
salt free seasoning, such as Mrs. Dash
egg white substitute
- Preheat oven to 450ºF. Coat medium nonstick baking pan or sheet with olive oil spray.
- Cut each breast in half. Spoon flour, seasoning, and salt into medium bowl and mix.
- Spoon egg white into second medium bowl. Lightly beat with fork until slightly bubbly. Set bowl next to bowl with flour mixture.
- Pour bread crumbs into third medium bowl. Place bowl next to bowl with egg white.
- Dip chicken pieces into flour mixture, making sure to coat them evenly on all sides (except along ribs for breasts). Shake off excess flour. Dip into egg white until covered. Let excess drip away and then roll in bread crumbs. Place breasts (ribs up) and drumsticks on prepared pan.
- Repeat with remaining pieces, placing on pan so they don’t touch. Lightly coat with olive oil spray. Bake 10 minutes and then carefully turn chicken, being sure not to remove breading, and continue to bake 10 to 15 minutes longer or until breading is crispy and chicken is no longer pink inside. Serve immediately
Panko is available in gourmet and Asian markets. The chicken pieces can be breaded up to a day in advance. Store them in an airtight plastic container and then bake just before serving.
This content is created and maintained by a third party, and imported onto this page to help users provide their email addresses. You may be able to find more information about this and similar content at piano.io