medium red bell pepper
medium green bell pepper
thinly sliced carrots
ground red pepper (cayenne)
can black beans
can tomatoes in purée, tomatoes coarsely chopped (see Note)
chicken or vegetable broth
- Heat oil in a 3 1/2- to 4-quart Dutch oven over medium heat. Add onion and garlic and cook 2 to 3 minutes, stirring often, until onion starts to soften. Add red and green bell peppers and carrots and cook 5 to 6 minutes, stirring often, until carrots
- Add chili powder, ground cumin, salt and ground red pepper and cook and stir 1 minute.
- Add tomatillos and zucchini and cook 8 to 10 minutes, stirring often, until tomatillos start to soften.
- Stir in remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, cover and simmer 20 minutes.
- Uncover and simmer 10 minutes longer, stirring occasionally, or until sauce has thickened and vegetables are tender.
This content is created and maintained by a third party, and imported onto this page to help users provide their email addresses. You may be able to find more information about this and similar content at piano.io